How to sew the cutest coasters in less than 15 minutes...
We all have tons of fabric scraps left over from our sewing projects right?
That's why I love quick little projects to use all these cuties.
Here is one, that you will love and actually use as well.
Materials needed: ( for one coaster)
finished size: 5" circle
- 9 x 2" squares
- fusible batting 5"x 5"
- 1 piece of fabric for the back 5"x 5"
- binding strip ( bias cut, that's important! ) 18"x 1.5"
- If you want to make these coasters water proof, iron on some vinyl ( heat n bond)
before or after you quilt them ( note: the ones here are without vinyl).
Before you start:
Read the instructions carefully
Seam allowance is always 1⁄4” unless mentioned otherwise.
1. Cut out all your fabrics and batting as mentioned above.
2. Sew your 9 squares together.
Here is a quick video on how to piece these squares successfully.
3. Iron on the fusible batting and place on back piece of fabric wrong sides together.
Then quilt the square to your liking.
If you want to make these coasters water proof, iron on some vinyl ( Heat 'n Bond) before you quilt them .
4. Draw a circle on your quilted square and cut it out
5. Fold over the beginning of your binding strip 1/4" and then clip, pin ore clue your binding strip in place, along the outer edge of your circle.
Stitch along the outer edge with 1/4" seam allowance.
6. Fold over your binding to the back and fold it under 3/8" as shown in photo 1,
photo 2 shows the coaster from the front.
7. Now stitch binding in place from the front. Or hand stitch from the back, which ever way you prefer. It's super easy with the machine.... I feel good :-)
Here we go, all done...
What do you think? Easy and cute, right?
Happy coaster sewing.....
merci, pour ce tuto et geniale pour utiliser toutes nos chutes
Thank you for the free pattern for the coasters. I am kind if a newbie with quilting and I love to make scrapy things from all my scraps. I think I am following in my Grandmas footsteps when it come to scraps.
Instagram. I don't have a website. Thank you so much for the great, free pattern!
Very nice...your binding is perfection! Good job, and thanks for sharing.
Leave a Reply.